The Mission of the United States Earth Science Organization is to:
- Raise student interest in and public awareness of Earth sciences, as well as to enrich Earth science education for students in the United States of America.
- Develop an Earth systems curriculum to support this mission.
- Promote the international education and cooperation goals of the International Earth Science Olympiad in the USA.
- Support cultural diversity within the Earth science community both nationally and internationally.
- Provide an assessment of Earth science content knowledge for high school students in the USA.
- Run summer training institutes in the USA to prepare students to attend the International event(s).
- Select the U.S. Earth Science Team to represent the United States at the International event(s).
- Take the U.S. Earth Science Team to the International Earth Science Olympiad each year.
- Raise money to provide financial assistance to deserving students who can not afford to attend the USESO training programs or the IESO.
Philosophy: Team members will be selected based on an assessment of their content knowledge in the Earth sciences and their ability to represent both the United States and their generation at the International event.
In working to accomplish the above stated goals, The United States Earth Science Organization (USESO) does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, selection of students, financial assistance, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our community, including students, volunteers, staff and educators.
Any cultural or discriminatory bias from a student will disqualify them from attending the national and international programs.